The provincial election will be held on June 7, 2018.
The City of London is the sixth largest city in Ontario and plays an important role in creating social and economic opportunity for our community and the 2.5 million residents across Southwest Ontario. Londoners are highly skilled, innovative and entrepreneurial and London City Council has identified the following priority issues that will require a solid partnership with the next Government of Ontario:
- Transit and Transportation
- Social and Affordable Housing
- Poverty and Homeless Prevention
What to ask your Provincial Candidates
London’s Bus Rapid Transit plan is ready to bring 21st-century solutions to address our transit needs.
- Will your party commit to bringing Rapid Transit to London?
- How will you support stronger regional transportation solutions in Southwest Ontario
London has seen housing prices rise at unprecedented rates. Detached home prices are up over 28% since 2016.
- What is your party’s plan to make housing more affordable for all Londoners?
- How will you work to ensure London receives the same considerations as cities in the Greater Toronto Area?
London is making real progress in combatting poverty and ending chronic homelessness, but there is still much work to do.
- What will your party do to support Londoners living in poverty?
- How will you bring attention to the homeless prevention needs of mid-sized cities like London?
All of these issues are important to the reduction of poverty in London. Please click on the links below for more information provided by the City of London.